2/15/09

Introducing......MIMI!!!!!

It's MIMI!!!!! Yep, I know that I'm about 2 months late with this post, but since Timah decided to put me on blast in her last one, then I figured that I might as well get on it. I am just your regular, everyday, "transitioning into natural hair", guest blogger and I'm here to let you all know how my hair is progressing. I've been transitioning for about 2 months now (yeah, I gave in and got a fake box perm sometime in Dec), and I'm sooooo ready to chop it all off!!!! I wash and deep condition once a week, which might seem excessive to some, but I've noticed that my hair feels stronger and 10x's healthier once I deep condition. I've also been doing a simple rod set (shown below) as my transition style because I now despise using flat irons.


Ok, so I'm SUPER excited for my new hair products to come in. I've been using Cream of Nature Organic Kiwi and Citrus Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo or Suave Neutralizing Shampoo as well as Suave Humectants cond, Jane Carter Leave In Replenishing Cond, and Cream of nature Sunflower and Coconut detangling cond. I also make my own deep conditioner using olive oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, coconut oil and honey, which I LOVE !!!!

But, let me get back to these new products. I've been hearing rave reviews about the Hairveda product line. So, last Saturday, I went through almost every blog, online review and YouTube video that I could find and decided to just go ahead and give these products a try. I ordered the Methi Sativa Set, CoCasta Shikakai Hair oil, Vatika Frosting, SitiriNillah Deep Conditioner, Amla Shampoo with Shikakai, and a sample size of their Whipped Gelly (yes, it's actually spelled with a "G"). Hopefully, it will come in sometime this week because I'm so ready to try this stuff!

I've also decided to do the big chop very soon. J did hers this week without thinking twice. So, if someone who hadn't even thought of going natural can do it (and her hair came out really cute), then I surely shouldn't be a big chicken. I'm tired of waiting. Yeah, I'm transitioning, but, for what?!?! So, I'm giving myself until mid March, because I really don't want just anyone cutting my hair so I need to find a stylist, but yep, by March 15th, I should be starting my ALL natural journey. Stay Tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and be sure to check back for my reply.